Tuesday 19 March 2013

New Music: Savages- She Will


I think English all girl post punk band Savages might become one of the most (over???) hyped bands of the year. Let's hope that these ladies don't burn out before they even get started. The buzz around them calmed down since the summer when they released the brilliant new wave song "Flying to Berlin." However, with their performances at SXSW last week and now the release of the new song "She Will" expect the hype machine to ramp up again for these girls.

Savages are playing Canadian Music Fest here in Toronto this week and I expect to find a lot of people trying to get into their shows, including myself. I have a wristband so if I get to Lee's Palace early on Saturday I should have no problem hearing their new song "She Will" et al.  Looking forward to it!!!

Savages will release their debut album on May 7th via Matador.

For fans of Warpaint, Patti Smith, Siouxsee & The Banshees






No comments:

Post a Comment